Now that coronavirus-related lockdown restrictions are being loosened in many countries, and things are seemingly getting back to normal, it’s time to pause and ask: what’s the “new normal” all about?
- What – if anything – has changed in relationships between consumers and brands?
- Will things simply to back to the way they were before coronavirus?
H/T/P has conducted a new global qualitative study examining these questions, using our own storytelling approach True Stories to access underlying emotions.
Entitled “Have Things Changed Between Us” the report describes underlying shifts which we’ve sorted into seven hypothses:
- COME CLOSER….BUT KEEP YOUR DISTANCE!
….about how brands will need to re-think on how they show togetherness.
- BETTER WORLD? PEOPLE SHOULD – BUT I CAN’T. REALLY.
…about how people expect others to change their behaviour – but not themselves!
- BRANDS? MUST TRY HARDER!
…about communicating a responsible and caring brand attitude – and avoiding impressions of coronawashing.
- DO YOU THINK YOU’RE BETTER THAN ME SOMEHOW?
…about levelling with consumers, and re-thinking influencer strategies.
- QUALITY THAT COUNTS…..LESS IS MORE.
…about re-assuring shoppers and tapping into evolved quality perceptions.
- PAMPER ME DO!
…about little treats, appealing to the senses and a new inwardness.
- DIGI-LOCAL HOOK-UPS.
…about how local has become digital.
Interested in the whole report? Drop us a line at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you asap!