At Happy Thinking People we have a long experience of using digital tools.
- Our first@thepool® insight community platform was developed over 13 years ago and has been continuously updated since then.
We have conducted hundreds of projects across the globe amongst an extremely broad range of categories and target audiences.
- Our mobile ethnography tool Happisodes has been equally useful in delivering digital insights as they happen, wherever participants are globally.
Over the past two years we have gained extensive experience running interviews and groups over Zoom and other ‘screen-to-screen’ platforms. We see our Digilogue approaches as essential tools for the future of qualitative market research.
WHAT TYPE OF PROJECTS ARE POSSIBLE?
There are actually very few limitations. With the right set-up we have been able to conduct a wide range of project types in a 100% digital environment.
- Exploratory Research – brand and category exploration, thematic exploration (e.g. around themes like food trends, sustainability, health and beauty etc.). Using ethnographic elements also in combination with our Online StorytellingApproach.
- Concept Labs – combining consumer research with concept development workshops.
- Advertising, Concept, Design evaluation – using our online eTrack® qual-quant approach for a range of pre-testing areas.
- Co-Creation via Online Panorama Groups (XXL group discussions)– including digital breakout sessions, online creative tasks and a dynamic, inspiring setting… in the comfort of people’s own homes.
WHAT HAVE WE LEARNT?
Digital approaches are an extremely valuable addition to the range of proven qualitative techniques. The digital space allows and in fact requires different and innovative qual-quant combinations.
Digital qualitative approaches work differently. They require new combinations of ‘live’ and ongoing or asynchronous, individual and group interactions in order to deliver depth of insight and breadth of understanding.
Online qual done well opens the door to new opportunities and possibilities.
- No more geographical constraints, easy integration of ethnographic elements and the supporting use of AI are just a few of the advantages.
- Much of the fieldwork is open to stakeholders as it happens – topline results, first indications are available quickly, if not in real time. Digital really does foster agility.
One thing remains true for online and offline approaches however. In a word: Quality.
The importance of excellent recruitment, engaging moderation and exceptional analysis and presentations. Things we have always paid close attention to – and continue to do so as digital becomes a more central part of our research activity.
We are proud to have been nominated the Nr 1 agency in Germany by the 2018 marktforschung.de study not just for our creative/ innovative approaches, but for Quality.
Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss more how we can help you with your online projects.